2021 Summer Writing Workshop
Time & Location
About the Event
During the workshop, students will engage in elements of the Judith Hochman method, starting with sentence work and progressing through to outlining paragraphs and writing multi-paragraph outlines for essays. They will receive templates they can use for future writing assignments in addition to developing and completing their own, peer-edited essays. Students will emerge more confident with the writing tasks required of them in the coming school year.
Workshop Schedule of Sessions (Please register for 1 session per participant.)
· Each workshop lasts one week and meets daily, Monday - Friday 10:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
· Workshops will meet online or in-person depending on the week. Space is limited to 4 seats for in-person sessions and 6 seats for online sessions. There is a waitlist available.
· In-person classes will meet at MAIA Education Resource Center offices at 11 East 88th Street, Suite 1A in Manhattan.
· Online classes will be conducted by Zoom and students will receive the access link directly from the instructor(s). It is important online students keep their cameras turned on for the duration of each class.
Rising Grades 5 - 8
- Class A (online) August 9 - August 13, 10:30 - 12:00 p.m.
- Class B (in-person) August 16 - August 20 10:30 - 12:00 p.m.
Rising Grades 9 - 12
- Class C (online) August 16 - August 20, 10:30 - 12:00 p.m.
- Class D (in-person) August 23 - August 27 10:30 - 12:00 p.m.
Fee: $525 per participant per session. Fee includes all materials and is payable by credit card.